Voice Acting training for animations
I began my career at the age of 16, dubbing the children’s programme ‘The Little Vampire’ for the BBC and now have 3 decades of experience working in children’s TV. Credits include: Paw Patrol, Pinocchio and Friends, Millie and Lou, Max and Ruby, Toby’s Travelling Circus and lots more.
I’d be delighted to share all that I know about this side of the animation industry.
Below are details about the 2 workshops I currently run, one of which is alongside Nic Redman. Occasionally I am able to offer 121 Coaching and Demo Creation. Be sure to be included on the mailing list to be the first to hear!
ACTING ANIMATED! WORKSHOP
Nic Redman and myself have been offering these wonderful, unique workshops where we work with actors to discover characters from the outside in and the inside out.
During the course of this jam-packed day you will:
• Discover how to manipulate your voice technically to increase your vocal variety
• Learn warm-ups and cool-downs to ensure vocal safety and stamina for recording
• Explore acting approaches to help you bring your characters to life truthfully
• Play with scripts and sides from animations so you can nail those auditions
• Gain in the studio, on-mic experience with original animation scripts
• Have the chance to give dubbing a go, too!
We have a workshop coming up early next year.
When: Friday 23rd Feb, 10 to 6pm
Where: Jukebox Studios, London
More details including how to book below
Join our mailing list to stay in the loop for future dates! See below.
OWN it! Workshop
Previously called “Dubbing in Animation”.
Want to increase your chances of getting jobs in animation?
Are you great at acting, or silly voices, but struggle to add emotional depth to a distraught pineapple*?
- Discover the tricks and tips that will add sparkle, and help you land those animation auditions
- Explore acting approaches to help you bring your characters off the page!
- Gain on-mic experience, working with a seasoned sound engineer at a leading animation post-production studio
- Practise dubbing by working on a Cbeebies animation
- Maximize your learning with personalized feedback and in-depth discussions in our small group workshop of just 8 people
- Overcome the challenges of speaking to time, whilst still acting and owning your character
- Grill Julie-Ann and the studio owner with questions about the animation industry and walk away with a list of contacts
- Leave with an understanding of your particular strengths & weaknesses, along with actionable steps to address them.